Checking What Filings Are on Included on Your Tax Statement
It's easy to see which policies are included on your tax form.
- Log into the EFS
- Click on "Your SLA Filings"
- Click on "Advanced Search" (yellow button, near the top of the page, to the right of the white search box)
The third item in the search form is the "Filing Month".
Filing Month is not the same as calendar month
because we usually cut off the month early in June and December in order to prepare and mail
your tax forms in a timely manner. You could file something on June 29th that is in the July
- Change the operator on the first line of the "Filing Month" section to >=
("Greater Than or Equal To").
- Put the first month of the tax period as the criteria, using the YYYYMM format.
For instance, if you were checking the 2nd half of 2016 Surplus Line Tax Statement,
you would use 201607 as the first month of the period.
- Change the operator on the second line of the "Filing Month" section to <=
("Less Than or Equal To").
- Put the last month of the tax period as the criteria, using the YYYYMM format.
Following the same example, you would use 201612.
- If you are matching up to a fire marshal tax statement, you will need all twelve filing
months. So for the 2016 fire marshal tax statement, the first month would be 201601 and the
last month would be 201612.
This sounds more complicated than it is. Just make it look like this:
Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Search".
Downloading Your Search Results
By default, the system only shows you 25 records at a time, and only shows eight data
fields for each record. Don't worry - when you download your data, you will get all
data elements for each record, and you will get all records.
The easiest way to see, search and manipulate your data is download it to an Excel file.
- Click the "Download to Excel" button (blue button, near top of page, above the white
- Save the file to your computer
Depending on your version of Excel, you may get the following warning when you open the file:
Don't worry, you can go ahead and click "Yes" (because we are definitely trustworthy!).
Now, you can sort, search and manipulate your data in Excel. Total up the premiums and taxes
to see that they match our tax statement. You can add subtotals by Filing Month to match up to
each month on your surplus line tax statement, if desired.
After opening the file, it's a good idea to "File | Save As" and make sure you save it to the
most recent version of Excel available to you.
DON'T CHANGE YOUR TAX FORM!!
By law, taxes are due based on what you filed with the Association - not based on effective
dates or any other criteria. DO NOT change the numbers on your tax form. If you feel something
needs to be changed, it MUST be coordinated through the Association.
Contact us and we will figure it out.
We're Here to Help
Feel free to contact our office with any
questions you have about your tax statements, or for help with this process of matching
up your tax statement to the policies that were filed. We're happy to help!