Industrial Insured / Independent Procurement (IP) Quick Start Overview
For Industrial Insured /Independent Procurement (IP) transaction reporting, you will be using the ipFile system.
Step 1 – Register for an Account
Step 2 – Wait for Registration Confirmation
- Respond to Registration Confirmation with Insurer Info, if necessary (it’s almost always necessary if you have a captive)
Step 3 – Log In and Report Policies/Endorsements
- It’s easy. Just click [ENTER A FILING] and follow the instructions.
- The law requires that you report (file) a policy within 90 days of the effective date. The law requires that you report (file) an endorsement within 90 days of the endorsement's issue date.
- You shouldn’t need it, but if you do, the User Manual is here.
Step 4 – Wait for Invoices
- The filing fee invoice from the SLAI (that’s us) will arrive instantaneously via email.
- The tax invoice from the Illinois Department of Insurance (that’s not us) will arrive via the U.S. postal service, or via email.
- Don’t mix up the two – filing fee gets paid to the SLAI … tax gets paid to the State.
Step 5 – Pay Filing Fee and Tax
- Pay according to the instructions on the invoice.
- Don’t send your tax payments to the SLAI (this is a common mistake and it happens all the time – be careful).
We will always be here to answer any questions and assist you in any way we can. Please feel free to call on us.